- Design industry shaping loyalty programs
- Integrate easily and go live quicker
- Deliver hyper-personalized consumer experiences
Capillary acquires US-based Brierley+Partners Read more >
Capillary named a Leader in The Forrester Wave™: Loyalty Technology Solutions, Q1 2023 Report Read more >
By4 Min Read
January 23, 2019
Being an ecommerce marketplace seller is not an easy job. You are sandwiched between marketplace regulations and ever-increasing customer expectations for superior buying and fulfilment experience. Thankfully, many of the roadblocks and issues plaguing ecommerce marketplace inventory management can be easily resolved by establishing a solid inventory strategy from day one.
Inventory Management is the lifeline for marketplace sellers since the success of the business hinges on delivering the right order to the right customer at the right time.
Here are some of the basics of inventory management you should be aware of before starting your journey as an ecommerce marketplace seller :
– Item : An individual product or an item that doesn’t require any special storage or shipping considerations
– Case pack : A group of usually similar items clubbed together. They might require special attention during storage
– Assembly : These are items that require assembling multiple parts scattered across your warehouse before shipping. Based on your sales forecast, you will need to organize them based on individual parts or end products
– Family : Similar products that have variations on colour and size. These will also need to be grouped based on your sales and demand forecast
Get these inventory management basics right and you will set forth your ecommerce marketplace business on a solid footing.
Capillary has partnered with Amazon to help marketplace sellers to maximize profits and revenue from their ecommerce business through easy and efficient inventory management. You can benefit from this partnership with a free catalogue service for 1 month to launch your business on Amazon. Now reach crores of customers. Sign-up here.
January 23, 2019 | 4 Min Read
Being an ecommerce marketplace seller is not an easy job. Yo